Saturday, 19 April 2014

Nars Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick Review and Swatches

Nars Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick is an orange and brown-toned, completely matte red lipstick. There are gold shimmers visible in the lipstick but I can't detect them once the lipstick is applied. It has a fully matte, skin-like finish but isn't as drying as a Mac Retro Matte. The colour is easy to apply and buildable to full opacity, but can also be worn as a sheerer tint.

I personally love this colour, but it is a very brown-toned, brickish red that might not appeal to some. I think brown-based reds are very under-rated; I have cool, blue undertones but I find brown-based reds are the most flattering on me. (I do have green/brown hazel eyes, that might be why.) I think Nars Moscow is an unusual red lipstick, due to the brown colour and matte finish, but if you don't mind those qualities it's a beautiful lipstick.

Nars Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick: Photos
(natural daylight)


No comments:

Post a Comment