Monday, 14 April 2014

Nude, Warm Pink, and Coral Lipstick Comparison Post

Mac Coral Bliss, Revlon Siren, Chanel 131 Etonnante
Urban Decay Naked, Mac Coral Bliss, Revlon Siren

Here is an overview of the pink, nude, and coral lipstick colours I own. I wear these colours the most because they are brightening but still fairly natural looking on me.


Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked is a rosy nude; a muted warm pink.This is a great nude lipstick for fair skin because it tones down natural redness in lips without completely erasing them. It is hydrating and semi-opaque, with no obvious scent. It has a glossy but natural finish. It is very similar in colour to Urban Decay Lip Pencil in Naked, swatched here.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked, on fair (NW10) skin:




Nars Floralies Satin Lip Pencil is a light, yellow-toned beige nude. It's the same colour as Mac Freckletone or Rimmel Nude Delight in the tube, but is much more pigmented when applied, has a beautiful satin/gloss finish and lasts longer. There is no obvious taste or scent and it doesn't feel heavy on the lips. I would love this if it weren't so yellow.

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Floralies:




MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Coral Bliss is a light-medium coral pink. I love this colour and it is surprisingly hard to find mid-tone pink lipsticks, but I don't love the formula. Cremesheen lipsticks are semi-sheer and glossy, so if you want the colour to show you have to apply a couple of layers, which gets too thick and too glossy very easily. I don't like the formula but the colour is really beautiful so I still wear this a lot.

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Coral Bliss:





Chanel Rouge Allure in Etonnante (131) is a frosted, matte coral pink. It can be built up to a brighter coral colour, or used lightly to add a bit of warm pink tones to lips. I usually don't go for shimmery lipstick but the frost is very refined. In some lighting it looks almost natural, but in other lighting it has a foiled, frosted effect. This is a very wearable bright colour for fair skin.

Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Etonnante (131):

One layer:


Two layers:


Revlon Siren Lipstick is a creme orange lipstick. It has a bit of translucency to it, even though it's bright, so it varies between coral and red, depending on how heavily it's worn and the lip colour underneath. It's a pretty colour but I find orange is hard to wear on my cool complexion.

Revlon Lipstick in Siren:



I have cool undertones but I find warm pinks to be very wearable and brightening. Chanel Etonnante and Urban Decay Naked lipsticks are my favourites for everyday wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment