Saturday, 19 April 2014

Revlon Blackberry Lipstick: Review and Swatches

Revlon Blackberry Lipstick is a dark, semi-glossy red lipstick with brown undertones. It can be built up to a dark, glossy, mostly opaque finish (although the glossiness makes it a little bit translucent), or worn more sheerly, or as a stain. The darkness of the colour is visible even at sheerer levels; even a tiny bit over lip balm adds more of a dark tint than a red tint. There is no obvious scent or taste and it is comfortable to wear.

Although my love for dark lipstick has been waning lately, I still love this colour as a dramatic, deep lipstick that is still flattering. I am pale and cool-toned (NW10/Nars Siberia in foundation colour) but I find the brown tones and slight translucent finish make this lipstick look more natural on me than other dark reds are. (See a red lipstick and dark lipstick comparison post here). I find the brown tones bring out my hazel green/brown eyes. I highly recommend this as a dark lipstick that looks good with fair skin.

Dupes: Revlon Black Cherry is similar but blue-based, more purple. Revlon Va Va Violet (review here) has a similar finish but is darker and more bluish-purple, not red. Nars Moscow (review here) is lighter and matte but also has brown undertones.

Revlon Blackberry Lipstick: Photos:
(Photos taken in natural daylight)

Lightly applied:


More heavily applied, 2-3 layers:


No comments:

Post a Comment